Guidelines for Poster Presentation
After receiving confirmation of abstract acceptance, the presenters should prepare their presentation in poster format according to the template given. Please read the guideline carefully below:
- Poster presentation must be within a maximum of 5-8 minutes only.
- Please use the template provided for presentations. Design and color it can be change. The poster must contain the following:
- Title of the paper, authors, and affiliation
- MSPP Paper number (given after abstract acceptance)
- The poster must be in portrait orientation size A1.
The contents of the poster should include:
- For original research paper: Title, Name of authors and Affiliation, Abstract, Introduction, Objectives, Methodology, Results & Discussion, Conclusions, and Recommendation.
- Review paper: Title, Name of authors and Affiliation, Abstract, Introduction, Support & Opinion, Conclusion, and Overall Presentation.
- Overall presentation such as poster creativity, presenter attire, confidence, voice and command of audience attention should be emphasized.
- Presenters must adhere to the time limit and all criteria as they will be strictly assessed by the judges.
Tips for Poster Preparation
- Posters should be stimulating discussion, not giving a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to the minimum, emphasize graphics, and make sure every item included in the poster is necessary.
- Utilize handouts to supplement your poster.
- Goal: 20% text, 40% graphics, 40% space.
- Make sure ideas flow logically from one section to the next.
- Use charts and graphs to illustrate data (avoid large tables of raw data).
- Use high resolution photographs (web images often will not work).
- Do not use all capital letters.
Download the instruction here: Instruction for Poster Presenter.pdf